• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate files and Elementor

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Captivate eLearning presentation and would like people to visit my website and be able to use it. I am using Elementor as the page builder. Does anyone know of a way I can achieve this, perhaps with a plug-in? I have already uploaded the presentation in a zip file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload the published file to a webserver, and insert a link to an iFrame in my blog which points to the URL of the uploaded file. I don't zip it.

Example: <p><iframe src="https://www.lilybiri.com/published/RemediationLoop/index.html" width="800" height="490"></iframe><br></p>

You can find this in the blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tweakemediation-get-out-of-the-eternal-loop

I didn't zip the output, and Reporting cannot be used because you don't upload to a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the kind advice. If I don't zip the file, when I select Publish to Computer - the output is a folder within which are other folders and files. I cannot see a way of producing one file to refer to its URL (Index.html in your example), am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload to a webserver? HTML5 output is like a website. Once the folder with its hierarchy is uploaded to such a server, it is sufficient to point to the index.html file in the folder. It will take care of launching the output. Same as for all websites. They never exist as a single file. In my example that subfolder in my domain acts as my webserver. You can also install a webserver locally or use a service like AWS (amazon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha, didn't realise that. I will do some research to see if I can find a free web server to host my Captivate output file. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources