Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate, Flash and Chrome issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a fairly new user to Captivate, and I've recently encountered problems with Chromes gradual phase out of the Flash player. I am building an e-learning module for the College I work at with Captivate, but the majority of content comes from After Effects animations (mp4) that are set up as multi-synchronized slides. From this, the published project is then taken into Moodle via SCORM and then should be viewed. Obviously with Chromes phase out of Flash I can't view anything until verifying unauthorised scripts, which is not useful when it is released to staff needing training.

Is there any sort of workaround for this? I've trawled the internet for solutions and I'm coming up blank, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

PK, please upgradze ASAP to 10.0.1.285. It is Flash player which is dying, the Flash application is very much alive but has been renamed to Animate. It is still the app used for most games. AIR is still also alive. Common misunderstanding.

Did you see my comment about AutoPlay? Can you upload the file to SCORM CLoud to check if the origin of the problems is with Captivate or with Moodle?

Do you have images in the course besides the mp4's?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks, still waiting on a reply. Hopefully there's a fix there and once I get the most updated version.

You may hear from me again! But in the meantime thank you both for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So update, JSON is enabled on our Moodle, and has been as it's a requirement for Moodle to work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I suggest you create a small test project as described above, publish to SCORM 1.2 as a zipped archive, and if you cannot upload it to SCORM Cloud from your current location (probably because of some security restriction at your UNI) then take the SCORM home on USB drive and upload it to SCORM Cloud where you have no firewall to block you.  I would be surprised if it did not work on SCORM cloud.  My guess is that your Moodle instance has some issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accessed SCORM Cloud through the browser and not via Captivate to test the published content, and both the module I am working on and the small test doesn't work either. The test had a basic slide with a button, that leads to a video slide that leads to an end slide.

Would this be correct? I'm sorry folks I really don't know what else to do other than wait until I get the updated version.

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 15.04.58.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 15.04.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting is turned on? In that case something is wrong with your fiesl.

Just to try: use the Adobe Media Encoder to re-encode that video to H 264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn't work out of the box in SCORM Cloud then my gut feeling is that you definitely need to update the Captivate version on your MAC.  I remember now that there were issues with MAC output on the first versions of Captivate for Cp 2017.

So don't worry more about this until AFTER you update.  Captivate content should normally work perfectly with SCORM Cloud.  Your issue might not be resolvable further without that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejoice! The update has done the trick, I'm on version 10.0.1.285 now.

Thank you all for your patience and help, very much appreciated! Lilybiri​ I'll also be following your advice on the AutoPlay now things are working.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my FIRST suggestion, maybe you forgot. I always check the version number and recommend to update to the most recent version, but as often happens, lot has been ignored in this thread. Could have saved you lot of frustrations and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  Lilybiri should be awarded the correct answer because she suggested updating first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, I don't care about that indicator for correct answer at all. Was just complaining because I find it such a waste of time if questions have to be answered multiple times by multiple users before getting an answer. Sorry for that note, you will have experienced that already. Reading carefully seems to become such a rare skill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for any offence caused, like I stated I'm new to this I just thought exploring all avenues would help as I've learned a lot from this. I'm at the mercy of my departments and timescales. I appreciate all efforts by both of you, maybe lay off the attitude a little to someone who is a beginner.

Thank you both again I sincerely appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lieve, if you will look back he DID say he was waiting on his IT department to get him the latest version.

Don't be too hard on him; this all happened in a single day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources