• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate forced close thanks to bug how to restore with no .bak file

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did several days of work without continually hitting the save button (didn't think it was going to be an issue).

Then I get the .zip error that Adobe introduced, ultimately, Captivate forced closed itself. No backup was created (at least within the last 3 days of working like a dog).

Is there any hope? Or do I now have to tell my employer that my work "mysteriously" disapeared. Can I get an Adobe Engineer to call my boss?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always, always, always press the save button frequently with Adobe Captivate. Ask yourself how much work are you willing to lose. Your answer to that question is how frequently you should press the same button. For me that's about every fifteen minutes or so.

Also, consider doing a save as with today's date as an amendment at least once per day to cover yourself when the stakeholder says "Remember that thing you had in the course five days ago? Yeah can you put that back in"

My guess is that you've lost your work.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources