Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Free trial is crushing

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have downloaded the free trial of Captivate. The first day worked as normal. Second day is crushing giving me this warning...

Any ideas will be helpful.

Many thanks

Captivate crushing.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theme warning. Which theme did you use please? If it is one of the packaged themes with Captivate, did you edit the theme a lot? It looks like it is corrupted. Will try to explain when you have answered the questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i know what theme I used? Its my first time with Adobe and Captivate. I'm using a Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably Pearl. Click second button in the top bar with the big buttons 'Themes' and see which theme is indicated above the line (will have a checkmark if it is the default theme). 

Since I am a Windows user, it may be differernt for you, but I don't think so.

Theme.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even access it. This window pops up and then it self closes. 😞 

IMG_0892.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only open that panel when you are in a project. What you show now is only an indicator of the time you can still spend with the trial version. You click the black button to continue the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so when I'm pressing the black button the Captivate crushes. That's the issue and thank you for your time spend to assist me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposing you have already ttied to restart your system?

Keep Captivate closed. Look in the installation folder for the subfolder 'utils' and run the file CleanPreferencesMac. Try to restart Captivate after that action. My problem is that I am not sure about the location of the Layouts files on a Mac. I see some indication in your first screenshot. But try first this suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted it and i'm reinstalling it. Hopefully, it will work. Yes I have restarted it a number of times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not talking about restarting Captivate, but your Macbook.

Even if you have reinstalled it may prove necessary to run that CleanPreferencesMac file. The preferences are stored in your profile, which is not reset by reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything. But still, the same fault. And Adobe is not responding 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, told you that I have no experience whatsoever with Cp on Mac.

Will try to find a staff member, but weekend is just starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources