• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate - Grouping buttons - buttons lose functionality when copying between slides

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I setup a series of buttons to jump to slides, I can individually select those buttons and copy them to any slide and the buttons settings stay intact.  If I group the buttons to make the timeline cleaner, copying the same buttons associated with a group now copy to another slide and lose all button programming, they now default to "continue".  Big bug!  Is there a way around this?  some setting I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can yoy tell the exact version number you are using? Look under Help, About Captivate.

Another tip: if you need those buttons on all slides, why not put them on the master slide used for the slides, or time fhem for the rest of the project? No need to copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Release 11.0.0243

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't apply to every slide or I would have done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the mast recent version which is 11.0.1.266.

You can hide the group On Enter if it is timed for the rest of the project, and show again where necessary.

Or you can use multple master slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to copy them to another project and back again?

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to create more work for myself.  its easier to just avoid grouping buttons with as slow as that would be.  But thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiplying actions by copy/paste buttons is not a good idea neither for several reasons. But if that is OK for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  Buttons which are meant to navigate to specific, slides why would copy/paste to another project (provided it will be fundtional) help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some times it works for me

I think got the tip from Rod serveral years ago.

I'm quite sure it has something do with the DOOM/ID's - the same reason you cannot apply JS to groups.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really doubt this tip could solve the present problem.  The buttons have a Jump to slide action. If the aarameter of that action is a slide label,  it will not exist in the project where you will copy the buttons, and the action will be replaced by 'Contineu' or 'No action'. I really think you are confusing another tip wit what is needed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources