Captivate --> HTML5 --> Safari = NO text entry boxes

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning all,

I have:

- published a captivate project with 7 text entry boxes on a slide

- a single submit button with advanced actions to validate user input.

Issue: The text entry boxes do NOT display in Safari browser, but they DO display in every other browser.

Additionally, the text from the TEB will magically display once i roll over the Submit button i have created.

Thoughts?

~ Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

I shall do my best to get IT to update me.

Side note: for SOME FREAKING REASON... Safari, and ONLY Safari, decided not to recognize the layers i have established in Captivate. But all other internet browsers were capable of rendering the activity correctly.

Answer: The text entry boxes were hidden behind a PNG graphic, even though they are layered in front of it in the design.

Lesson to learn: Missing a Text Entry Box, make sure it's not behind something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? Responsive or non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate Version: 11.0.0.243

Not responsive project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to 11.0.1.266.  You are publishing to HTML only, did you test after uploading the published folder to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall do my best to get IT to update me.

Side note: for SOME FREAKING REASON... Safari, and ONLY Safari, decided not to recognize the layers i have established in Captivate. But all other internet browsers were capable of rendering the activity correctly.

Answer: The text entry boxes were hidden behind a PNG graphic, even though they are layered in front of it in the design.

Lesson to learn: Missing a Text Entry Box, make sure it's not behind something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the most weird situation because TEB's by default have priority on graphics.  Even more strange that Safari only has this problem, I never heard about such a situation in  Captivate and answered tons of qestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​

Agreed, i've seen some weird captivate issues, but never one that was browser specific.

Thanks for checking in!

~ Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had some  issues testing my content (text entry) on a mini IPad. Worked as designed on all other hardware. I found that I could not use a transparent text box,  I HAD to select 'Show Text Box Frame' in the Style options. Otherwise, the text looked 'invisible' as you typed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources