• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Interaction Widget Disappearing

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added an interaction to a blank slide which is a dropdown for information. The slide plays the audio intro and then the widget promptly disappears. I have adjusted the timing with all four choices (Specific Time, Rest of Slide, Rest of Project, and Duration of Animation). Within timing, I also adjusted from 5 seconds to 9999 seconds. None of those seem to help the widget from disappearing after the audio track plays.

Screenshot is attached.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Accordion interaction but in a Fluid Box? I wouldn't do that, keep that slide without fluid boxes and use the Position Properties panel. You can use fluid boxes on other slides. This interaction will never become 'fluid'.

Moreover you need to know that this interaction is 'static', not interactive (seems weird) in Captivate's sense: there is no automatic pausing point. You need to add an interactive object to pause the slide and give the learner time to explore the interaction. More in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-learning-interactions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accordion interaction but in a Fluid Box? I wouldn't do that, keep that slide without fluid boxes and use the Position Properties panel. You can use fluid boxes on other slides. This interaction will never become 'fluid'.

Moreover you need to know that this interaction is 'static', not interactive (seems weird) in Captivate's sense: there is no automatic pausing point. You need to add an interactive object to pause the slide and give the learner time to explore the interaction. More in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-learning-interactions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources