• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate interactive video

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Working on an interactive video in Captivate cc 2019 and loaded it onto my web domain but the video won't play the first few seconds of my intro but then plays the rest and I can interact with it and it plays till the end, how can I fix this?

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be that for those first few seconds the video is still downloading and not ready to play.  You might not have sufficient bandwidth for the video to play immediately.

As a test, add some slides BEFORE your video starting slide.  See if giving the module more time before the video needs to play helps.  

How big is this video file in megabytes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video file is about 42MB and 02:58 min long, I reduced the file size to half that and I'm still encountering the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Rod's advice, add a static slide before the video slide, maybe even have a small gap before the video file in its slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue with video files loading while trying to watch them.  We have 4 static slides before our video slide, yet everytime the video starts it has multiple loading pauses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Putting static slides in front of the video is only to delay the start of the video.  If the issue is simply that your videos are too big to be downloaded enough by the time end users start trying to view them, putting slides in front won't magically enhance the bandwidth.

Your symptoms would tend to indicate insufficient bandwidth required to play the videos without buffering.  If so, you should probably consider streaming the videos from something like Youtube or Vimeo rather than just going for progressive download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources