• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Knowledge Slide - Question pane NOT appearing !

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019. I tried to create a Knowledge Slide for the first time. Great features onserved on all video's !! Baam !! The side ipened with 2 answers and other options but NO Question pane !! Where am I supposed to enter the questions !!@@  The screen below was what I got, after tuning the answers to 4. There was NO Question pane. None was retriavable anywhere on the slide or any other slide!! Where am I supposed to write the questions !! Nothing in the properties nor in the quiz tab in the side !!  

mariorozario_0-1594804563042.png

Anyone knowss whats going on in this expensive piece of software I paid for?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

I understand that you are new, but in that case you need to be very careful.

You didn't answer my questions really. A Theme is not the same as a template, but includes Theme Colors, Theme Fonts, Object Styles, Master slides and some minor components.

Each slide is based on a master slide. Each master slide can inherit objects from the Main master slide.

Quiz slides are VERY special. They need to be based on specific master slides (4 different types), same as the score slide (one master slide).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a user, not a staff member. Just want to help you, please don't shout...

Can you check the exact version number under Help, About Captivate?

Sorry for a second question: which Theme are you using? You can check under the big button Themes. 

Both KC and quiz slides are based on the same Quizzing master slides. How is the MCQ... master slide looking? On your screenshot there seem to be a lot of elements missing., if you are using the default theme which is Pearl. It should look like this with 4 answers (I added the Timeline to show that the pause is at 1.5secs and that there are no individual timelines for the texts, they are 'embedded'):

MCQ.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL !! Why would I shout ? Thanks for offering to help.

The release is 2019 version 11.5.1.4999.

I copied one of the existing tenplates to reuse it and change it.

I got what you were saying. The Master slide has KC template half filled, I am guessing why its messed up.

Let me see whether I can cange the Master Slide theme.

Thanks for your help. You have pointed me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you are new, but in that case you need to be very careful.

You didn't answer my questions really. A Theme is not the same as a template, but includes Theme Colors, Theme Fonts, Object Styles, Master slides and some minor components.

Each slide is based on a master slide. Each master slide can inherit objects from the Main master slide.

Quiz slides are VERY special. They need to be based on specific master slides (4 different types), same as the score slide (one master slide). Those master slides have embedded objects which have inbuilt functionality. You should never delete those objects and that is probably what you have been doing. Messing up those master slides can lead to serious problems.

Have a comple sequence of blogs (not possible to explain everything in passive video) about Quizzing, which is one of the typical stumbling blocks for newbies. You find a pdf with most quiz blogs in this article:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

If you are interested in the 'stumbling blocks':

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

For your problem, since I fear you didn't save as a custom theme but have edited the original theme: Which theme (you talk about a template, but that is a cptl file) did you start with? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll take it from here, thanks.

Oh !! By the way - you're bogs were quite concise and informative .. especially the one which the timeline was explained the had something about the Quizzes as well.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources