• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate lesson not resume in HTML 5

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a lesson with Captivate 9.  The lesson was published to HTML5 and will be hosted on a company intranet.  There is no reporting on the lesson as it will not be published to an LMS, but there is a requirement that the lesson should resume at the last slide viewed when exited and revisited.

Is this possible in Captivate?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Bookmarking by Table of Content. Check its option 'Self-paced learning'. It will use local storage for the bookmarking, which implements that the learner should always use the same system and not clear the browser cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, often the 'Resume were you left off' is handled by the LMS, a simple internal website would not do that. 

You need a system that will track progress for each individual. A course shared with everyone 'anonymously' will be limited in the features you might need like: tracking completion, scores....

As suggested, bookmarking will be the only option to track progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your response.  

The lesson/s is actually a simulation with a few other content slides in between, and a TOC was not originally part of the lesson.  

Yes, an LMS will handle the resume function, but I know that Articulate Storyline automatically ask you if you want to resume in HTML format so I was wondering if it is possible with Captivate.  

Thanks again, I will see if it can work with a TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources