Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate on Macbook Air

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you run Captivate on a Macbook Air (13inch 2017) with 1,8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5? I read that the specifications for Windows ask for 2,0 GHz minimum.

Thank you,

Ruth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements for Adobe Captivate 2019 do not mention the clock speed of any processor so long as it's a multi-core processor. Here the full specs themselves: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/captivate/system-requirements.html

One thing to keep in mind is that these are the minimum specifications. My advice on what hardware to buy if you want to be an eLearning developer is to buy the best hardware your budget will allow. Don't buy based on minimums. Think about what you might need four to five years from now as well. Also, if you are like most eLearning developers, you don't just use Adobe Captivate. You might need video editing software, photo editing software and others. All of these applications may have more significant demands than even Adobe Captivate. Consider those system requirements as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. That makes a lot of sense. I did take your advice, looking at it in terms of a long-term investment 🙂 and bought a-by my standards-fairly high-end piece, that more than meets the system requirements for captivate and storyline and can be used for video editing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources