• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate problems => is there a german community?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo ich habe folgende Probleme und Fragen zu Captivate:

Probleme:

1. Captivate stürzt nicht nachvollziehbar ab. (Auf WIN10 und verschiedenen, aktuellen PC´s) 

2. Wechsel zwischen Quiz und "normaler Folie" funktioniert nicht. D.h. Folie 1-6 sind Quizfolien dann folgt eine Inhaltsfolie anschließend geht das Quiz weiter ...

3. Bildbearbeitung: Verknüpfung mit Photoshop geht ständig verloren ... d.h. wenn man ein Bild in Photoshop bearbeitet wird nach einer kurzen Zeit die Änderungen nicht mehr aktualisiert.

Fragen:

1. Wo gibt es eine vernünftige Beschreibung der verfügbaren Variabeln und Funktionen - am liebsten tabellarisch

2. Wo finde ich Quellen für Scripting mit Captivate

Danke fb

PS: Alles in allem hinterlässt Captivate bei mir den Eindruck, dass noch sehr viel also wirklich viel Potential bezüglich Handhabung und Stabilität verfügbar ist ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fburi,

To answer none of your (numbered) questions: all international forums = forums in specific languages have been merged into the corresponding main (English language) forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Captivate forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I understand German pretty well, do not feel able to answer in your tongue. You can use the Translate option in the forum to translate my answer.

I would like to know which exact version you are using on WIn10, which is the OS I am using myself without the problems you are mentioning. You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate (sorry, do not know the German Captivate terminology).

Have a look at my blog post about quizzing system variables, where you'll find a table (download for free) describing all those variables.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

In the eLearning Community I published a pdf (downloadable) with links to all articles I wrote about Quizzing:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

Can you explain more in detail the second question about 'Wechsel zwischen Quiz und normale Folien?' 

First questions: do you run Captivate with the feature 'Run as Administrator'?

Third question: I do use the Photoshop roundtripping all the time, both in projects and in training and never had any issues like you describe. Which version of Photoshop are you combining with Captivate?

Majorityof my blog posts are about using the Advanced/shared actions in Captivate, some rare ones about adding JS. I don't think you'll find good 'Quellen' for scripting anywhere.

Since I'm just a user, cannot answer your PS, contact the Adobe staff please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, 

if you don´t mind I try it in english .... thanks a lot for your detailed answer ... I´ve been impressed about your links it will help me a lot!

your questions

First: No I didn´t, should I? Only the installing process was running as a Admin

Third:  We use the newest Versions of Adobe CC and Captivate and also Win 10 is up to date.

Your idea to run Captivate as an Admin is a good hint, I will try it next week.

Do you have any clou where I can report my bugs with captivate? At the moment we are facing more than I described in this forum and I already started to list them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It it rather important to Run as Administrator, even more than in older versions to avoid limitations or problems.

What about my second question?

I also use the 2020 version of CC. Do you use imported PSD files (File, Import, Photoshop file) or are  you just talking about bitmap images like JPEG or PNG?

You can use this form to report bugs or log feature requests:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

thanks for your patience ... 😉

We use PNG, JPG, SVG ... and if we rotate PNGs or SVG they are cut off - not allways.

Second Question: In our project I used about 12 Questionslides then a "normal slide" after that it comes the  Quizresult. The Content of the "normal slide" should also count to the Quizresults.

Now is the Problem, that the next Button in the "normal slide" doesn't work anymore. There is no matter if I try it per script (extended Actions) gotoSlide ... or directly "jump to next Slide".

=> Debugging in Chrome is with no results.

PS: The captivate language is german => it might not be the same wording in the english version
(jump to next slide: gehe zu Folie | gotoSlide: gehe zur Folie)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm... I never use Photoshop for SVGs, but Illustrator.  You don't use the Photoshop import in that case I presume?

You can  only include scored objects and quiz slides in the quizzing system variables. One of the ignored panels is the Advanced Interaction panel, to open from the Project menu or with the shortcut key F9. It lists all the scored objects and lot more. I mention it several times in my blogs about quizzes (the Quiz Resources pdf has many links to them).

Score slide will always appear after the last slide which has a scored object.

If navigation is crippled, that can be due to several causes. What are the Quiz settings? Do you have Pretest questions? Did you check Branch Aware....?

Do not bother about the German terminology, I can guess what it means, just feel frustrated because I cannot even install a German nor a French version (do need to answer questions in French as well) along an English version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources