Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate project keeps preloading

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

After a problem with running Captivate on Catalina, I downgraded my Mac software and i'm finally running Captivate again. However I had a 2017 install file still on my computer I had to use that, as downloading a DMG file from Captivate is a pain in the ass with filling in forms and all. It should recognize me as a payed user when i'm logging in with my Adobe ID.

Anyways.... Now when i'm publishing my content to HTML5 and opening it, it just shows me a preloading screen. I had this before, but this time I have it offline and online. Previous time I solved it with updating to Captivate 2019, but as I already had issues with Catalina and had to downgrade my computer, I'm a bit scared to update anything on my system EVER again 🙂

Captivate 2017 should be able to publish my HTML5 projects right? Is there any way to solve this preloading issue? Or do I really need to upgrade to 2019 which means that in 2017 nobody could publish HTML5 projects. 

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 publishing was perfectly possible with Captivate 2017.  However, if you just used an old install file for Cp 2017 then that install version might not be the very latest dot.point version of Captivate 2017.  You might need to do some updates on it to install all patches that were available by the end of Cp 2017's run.  That could be why you are seeing an issue with HTML5 output not working as expected. 

You should also be aware that any Cp 2017 project file that you had opened and saved in Captivate 2019 will no longer be able to open in Captivate 2017. 

So, since you are now again running a version of Mac OS that can run Captivate 2019, you may find that you need to reinstall Cp 2019 again to open some of your projects.  If you are on a subscription license, you do not need to uninstall Cp 2017 in order to install Cp 2019 again.  Both versions can co-exist on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That could be the case. Didn't think about the patches. I think updating to 2019 would be the best in this case as I downgraded my MacOS, it should run fine.

I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources