• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Publish is hanging

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of courses built using Captivate 9.  Suddenly last week, every one of them hang while publishing at about 80%. These have always worked fine in the past. I am publishing to my hard drive.  All my preferences paths are also to my hard drive.  You cannot even kill the process.  Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it do the same thing if you just open a new blank course and try publishing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that...  added a couple slides and a question.  It worked...  I published to AICC..  it worked...  I changed it to SCORM 1.2...  it hung.  It also hung with SCORM 2004.  These are courses that worked fine up to a week ago.  I have another colleague now having the same issue.  Is there something that is getting blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having a project hang simply by setting reporting to SCORM is definitely NOT normal behaviour.  If the courses worked fine a week ago something has either changed in your system environment or else something has corrupted (e.g. Preferences) or else something has reached a fixed limit (e.g. Project Cache).

Clean out your Project Cache, reset your Preferences, and reboot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources