• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate published as Shockwave vs. PDF

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, searched for an answer to no avail.  I have Adobe Captivate 9.

I typically publish projects in Captivate using HTML5 for our LMS.  But occasionally I do need to render an interactive PDF.

In the past I've never had issues with this.  My publish settings were simple:

Captivate publish settings.jpg

The above settings always rendered a zip folder which contained a simple interactive PDF which could be viewed by anyone with Adobe Flash.

But recently when I've tried publishing as SWF and exporting a PDF, the zip folder looks like this:Shockwave Publish.jpg

**Sorry if I confuse anyone with the title of the project.  The "PDF" portion is just what I named it to set it apart from my other zip files.

Notice the highlighted item reads "Shockwave Flash Object" whereas I believe it used to read "Adobe PDF" or something like that.  Another thing I don't understand is the presence of the two "Chrome HTML Document" items.  I don't ever recall those being there when publishing as SWF.

I've also tried publishing as Adobe Player 11 instead of 10, but that made no difference.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

-Anderson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use interactive pdf (was great output) since the end of Flash player was announced, and Adobe reader no longer embbeded the Flash player plugin.  Maybe this is linked with the most recent versions of Adobe Reader?  Too bad, I cannot test because I do not have CP9 anymore. Are yuo on 9.0.2.437?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  Are you saying that perhaps my current version of Adobe Reader/Flash is too up-to-date?  So I would need an older version for my computer to publish Captivate as SWF the way it used to.  Or are you saying that Captivate itself has changed and no longer publishes interactive PDF's because Flash will soon be a thing of the past?  The latter would surprise me because I have CP9 and I don't think it's been updated in the last several months...but maybe this change took place a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on 9.0.2.437?

Adobe reader is not embedding the Flash Player plugin since quite a few versions, not only the most recent.

I wished I had an answer to your other  questions, don't think that Captivate has change at all, sinc eyou are two version behind (really three, because 11.5 is very different from 11.0). It still publsihes to SWF because users can still impose to keep with older browser versions. Player will only disappear in more recent versions, but the support for Flash player will end soon indeed. I didn't hear about an alternative for the interactive pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources