Captivate Published HTML5 Output: Animation Pauses When Switching Browser Tabs/Windows

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple Captivate projects which contains animation and audio synched.

And when I publish them as HTML5 SCORM packages and view the published output in any browser and switch browser tabs/windows while a slide is playing, the animation pauses while the audio continues.

When I return to the browser tab/window, the audio and animation is out of sync.

Is there a setting I need to follow or is this a Captivate bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate Published HTML5 Output: Animation Pauses When Switching Browser Tabs/Windows

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple Captivate projects which contains animation and audio synched.

And when I publish them as HTML5 SCORM packages and view the published output in any browser and switch browser tabs/windows while a slide is playing, the animation pauses while the audio continues.

When I return to the browser tab/window, the audio and animation is out of sync.

Is there a setting I need to follow or is this a Captivate bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word 'animation' has not the same meaning for everyone, may I ask what you mean by 'animation' please? I suspect it is not an imported OAM or SWF which is commonly indicated in Captivate as animation since you talk about audio. If you mean objects appearing at different times, or effects applied to objects or even something else, can you explain? Do you have interactive objects which have pausing points? Is the audio slide audio? Because slide audio is not automatically paused by pausing points.

Which exact version number do you use, as is mentioned under Help, About Captivate?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
kuskumar LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By animation, I mean transition effects for objects within Captivate synched with audio file within Captivate.

I am using Captivtae 2019 (11.5.1.499) version.

No interactivities basic transition effects built in Captivate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0