Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate quits when creating Blank Project or any other project

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not sure what is happening, but I just installed Captivate and when I try to create a New Project (Blank, Software Simulation or anyother project), it shows that it is "creating slides on objects " but the software simply quits without any error message. I need to mention that I have it installed on two devices and on both of them it doesn't work.

I really need help in solving this.

Thank you,

Alina

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this is a first install of Captivate? Which exact version number on which OS? You find version number under Help, About Captivate, which you can open when you are in the Welcome screen. Is Captivate installed on your system, not on a networked or external drive? Are the paths in Preferences, General settings pointing to folders on your system, not elsewhere (roaming profile, OneDrive...)? If you are on Windows, do you run Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. On a Mac running 10.14.6. It is installed on muy hard drive just like all of the other Adobe products I use (all of the other Adobe apps work fine). I do get a message in a pop up box that says "to use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK" If I click through on that message it asks me to install the current version of Flash. Which I do, and then restart my computer, but still get the same error message asking me to install Java. And Captivate will not open anything.

I need Captivate to open a PowerPoint file and convert it to HTML5 for a CRM. It says online that Capture can do this for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, please? Look under Help, About Captivate for the full number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled the old version of Java, and installed the latest version of Java. But Captivate still hangs and I get the same JDK message. Captive is version 11.5.4.613

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the version compatible with Catalina. Did you clean preferences already? As a Win user cannot help you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eneded up calling Adobe and they helped me install the correct version of JAVA. Captivate is now working. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, and thanks for reporting the solution, which was linked with Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. The strange thing is that I can't event access the Help button because it doesn't do anything when I click on it. But I looked in the files (packages > ApplicationInfo) and I suppose this might be the version number 4.6.0.384?  It is installed on Windows 10 Enterprise. The software is installed on my system. I also tried to run is as Administrator but it didn't work. Any ideas? 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not possible, Captivate 4 should be 12<years old.

Can you try to Clean the Preferences? Look in the subfolder 'utils' under the Captivate installation folder for 'CleanPreferencesWin.bat' and run that file while Captivate is closed.  What about the paths to the Captivate files and Cache? Also on your system, not in a roaming profile, OneDrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources