Highlighted

Captivate Random Question MC Formatting

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using GIFT files and importing questions into a random question exam. When I do this I have some formatting issues. It looks like after the 1st 2 answer choices there is an indent in the remaining answer choices. It also appears the spacing is slightly off after the 3rd answer choice.

I am also curious to know if I can change the default answer height. Viewing other posts it seems like the solution to an answer that contains too many characters such that it 'wraps' to a new line is to manually edit the test once it is generated. Because this is a random generated exam this can not be done? Is there a way around this?

I read something about editing the HTML template? Is that possible?

Captivate Answer Formatting.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate Random Question MC Formatting

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using GIFT files and importing questions into a random question exam. When I do this I have some formatting issues. It looks like after the 1st 2 answer choices there is an indent in the remaining answer choices. It also appears the spacing is slightly off after the 3rd answer choice.

I am also curious to know if I can change the default answer height. Viewing other posts it seems like the solution to an answer that contains too many characters such that it 'wraps' to a new line is to manually edit the test once it is generated. Because this is a random generated exam this can not be done? Is there a way around this?

I read something about editing the HTML template? Is that possible?

Captivate Answer Formatting.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? I also use GIFT but don't see that issue with formatting.

As for default Answer height....I didn't yet found a soltuion, is botherig me since version 6, never got fixed. You cannot change the default answer height on the master slide, which would solve this.  I would love to see the fix with HTML template, if you can find it?

If you talk about random slides, you hae to edit the quiz slides in the pool(s).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 9.0.2.

I might have found a resolution. I am not sure but if you use the Question Pool Manager and select any question that needs the answer height formatted you can format the individual question there. I think it works but not positive. Looks like you have to have at least one random question slide linked to that pool in order to be able to edit the question format. You are not using the master. I think the templates are gone because I now have a cloud version? Or at least they aren't where google says they should be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even easier than I though. Everything can be edited from the question pool at the bottom of the project. You just need to select each question within the pool. It is cumbersome as it cant be applied from the Master so you have to edit each one but at least it can be edited and it carries over to the random question exam that is generated.Not sure why my GIFT is coming in strange but i can fix it this way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit puzzled. There is no Cloud version of Captivate, there is only one version that can be bought (perpetual license) or hired (subscription license).

You may have misunderstood my previous answer. All quiz slides use the quizzing master slide(s). A lot can be set up by editing the object styles and those master slides, with the exception of the default height of individual answers.  On the master slide you can only edit the size of the answer area.

My answer about question pools told that you can edit the individual questions in the pools, the same way you would do with non-random quiz slides. There is no one-edit workflow to change all quiz slides at once. That is why I asked about the HTML template you seem to know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Probably my ignorance. I did google the HTML thing and there is something out there but i couldn't find it in my files.I am using subscription service I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you find? Maybe I know what is meant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group