• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Record Computer Audio Issue - Glitch sound on every computer audio recording.

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I've had this trouble with Captivate 2019 for a few weeks now.  It involves recording computer audio to a slide.  If I record narration audio from my headset I sound fine but when I record computer audio, after a few seconds of play back I get a glitchy sound.  I've tried updating the software (done), I've tried comparing recording another persons voice while in a virtual meeting and simply recording YouTube audio and I have the same result.  I've tried contacting Adobe tech support but keep getting disconnected or call dropped.  Any suggestions on how to resolve?  Here is a YouTube video and screen shot showing the issue.

https://youtu.be/3QeiFFwbWqQ

TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you have "tried updating the software" did you mean updating Captivate only, or did you also look into updating the audio drivers on your computer?  The glitch in the audio files sounds like a problem with audio drivers to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

Thanks for your response.  I did check for any updates on my HP Probook.  I did what ever updates were available and still no results.  One of my peers who creates with me is having the exact same trouble on a new computer.  Did you have a chance to watch my YouTube video of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updating my audio drivers now.  Doesn't seem to be a new one available .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did watch your YouTube video and that's the reason why I felt the issue was due to audio drivers.

Before my current laptop (an HP Z-book) I had an HP Probook 650 and I remember having a similar issue.  It took a while to find the right drivers but I eventually resolved it that way.

You may also find that the issue is due to some other application trying to hijack the drivers at the same time.  If you have another colleague who is experiencing the same issue, and you both work for the same company with supplied computers, that would seem to indicate to me that perhaps the issue is due to something with your company's Standard Operating Environment (SOE).  Companies often have a 'sawn-off' version of Windows that is customised for their own needs and at times the setup doesn't agree with Captivate.  

If Captivate was working fine for a long time, and you didn't change anything about your Captivate version, but now you are both having the same issue, then I would say something has been updated or changed in Windows recently that is causing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue with one of my end-users and it is extremely perplexing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you paste a screenshot of your Device Manager and system properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for any advice you can give us as Adobe isnt being super helpful atm. We have tried just about everything we can think of including updating all drivers and making sure Captivate is on the latest version as well. attached you will find device manager and system properties, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to answer.

1. Try disabling the Microsoft driver for High Definition Audio in Device Manager (Right click on it).

2. Disable your microphones (laptop) and remove any headsets/external microphones.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this same issue, still looking for a fix. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling audio driver, but it wouldn't go past the uninstall step. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm still experiencing the same issue, as well. I don't experience the issue on a previous PC where I used Captivate; luckily I still have access to that computer - I use it as a work around for when I need to grab video demos because the audio glitch occurs every time I try to create a video demo on the newer PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the PC with the problem happen to have any other software loaded that also has the ability to do screen capture?

I have heard some users found that this other software was causing the issue and only once they uninstalled the conflicting software and then reinstalled Captivate again did they get it to work.  For example, some webcam utilities offer the ability to do a screencapture. Logitech has one such app.

Just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a follow up to this thread. I am running the trial version of Captivate and seeing the same issue with my system audio screen demonstration recordings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue today as I just started with Captivate. It sounds similar to some syncing errors I've had with Audition and other programs not being synced with your devices. I went to my computer's Sound > Speakers and Properties > Advanced and set it lower to 16 bit. I also went to Captivate > Preferences > Recording > Settings > Audio Settings > Calibrate Input and lowered the Pre-amp volume. This improved the quality and seemed to only distort when the audo was yellow. I dropped it down again and there was no garble or distortion. So it could be either or both of those. I have similar issues with Audition garbling when the digital input device is not configured to match as well. If you haven't resolved it already, maybe try some of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you lower your Captivate pre-amp volume to? Mine is sitting at 4.
Also set to constant bitrate and "near CD Bitrate (96kbps) should I drop this lower?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it returned for me 😞 the audio is better but still happens too much to use the content 😞 I tested it on a white noise clip to see if higher volumes were causing it but it happened still. I called their CS team and they said to update all the audio drivers and try again so I have to wait for our department to update those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is still happening in Adobe Captivate 2019 (64-Bit) version 11.5.5.553. To test this glitch, select a Video Demo and record a YouTube video being played. The sound starts clearly but after a few secs, the glitch kicks-in. All audio/video  drivers are up-to-date and still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources