• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Redirection Page Assistance Needed

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate for the first time and one thing I would like to do is simulate a login page, using a username text input box, and a password text input box, on the same page, with a 'login' button (selected after entering username and password).

The instructions to the learner is to use a specific username and password.  If either of these are incorrect, the user should be directed to a 'error' page; if both are correct, they continue through the screens.

I have been able to have Captivate work with the correct username and password (Jumping to a specific slide, and continue through the slides).

I am having difficulties having the login page, with one or both incorrect data inputs go to the 'error' page.

The sign-on page has:
TEB for username
Style:  retain text, show text box frame, validate user input
Actions:  on success continue, infinite attempts, shortcut: enter, on focus lost: no action

TEB for password
Style:  retain text, show text box frame, password field, validate user input
Actions:  on success Jump to slide ##, infinite attempts, shortcut: enter, on focus lost:  no action, show button

Suggestions, comments?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Your problem is due to 'Infinite Attempts'. The result of that setting is that you do NOT have a Last Attempt action which is what you need.

Since you want to check after both TEB's have been filled in, do not use the validate setting, but you'll have to use an Advanced action to be triggered by one custom  Submit button. >Both TEB's have an associated user variable, you have to check the content of those varialbes and compare it with the correct entry. If any ot those comparisons fails, you have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is due to 'Infinite Attempts'. The result of that setting is that you do NOT have a Last Attempt action which is what you need.

Since you want to check after both TEB's have been filled in, do not use the validate setting, but you'll have to use an Advanced action to be triggered by one custom  Submit button. >Both TEB's have an associated user variable, you have to check the content of those varialbes and compare it with the correct entry. If any ot those comparisons fails, you have to navigate the user to the error slide.

I will label the variables as v_name and v_pass (I dont like the generic names, they are confusing.

The advanced action for the Submit button will be something like this:

IF v_name is equal to xxxxx  AND

v_pass is equal to  yyyy

Jump to correct slide

ELSE

Jump to incorrect slide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources