• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate removing themes from project

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using Captivate 2017 (11.5) I've created 2 custom themes: Custom1 and Custom2. I browsed for and 'inserted' into the project and now after having tested out each one I only want to use Custom2 theme, but when i go to insert a new slide both of the themes are in the master slide options (in PI).  Is there a way to remove a custom theme from the project ? 

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply one of the themes to the project, using the Themes big button. You'll get a warning that everything will be overridden. You will still see the unused theme, but hopefully not all the master slides.

I have written some blogs about mixing themes in one project, do not appreciate that feature because it can lead to many problems. But try out my suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've looked at your blogs - (thank you for writing them, have used many) - but i dont want to add another - i want to remove one - (i had used it but now no longer want to).... I'm wondering whether once used it cannot be removed from that project - even if there are no slides now using that theme any longer... is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and FYI (on my project anyway), the theme and all that theme's masterslides still show (even though the new theme does override on the slides - when I go to add a new slide - it provides both themes (with all the master slides) for both themes.  So as i was saying above, i'm assuming that because it was once used it cannot be removed from the project.

thanks lesson learnt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the project it will be tough to delete a theme. Even if you delete the original cptm file, it will still be buried in the project. I am a bit confused because when adding a slide (from menu) for me only the master slides from the theme in the active slide appear. If I want to change to another theme I need to use the Properties panel where the active theme can be changed. 

Probably the only way to get completely rid of it is, after having applied the final theme from the big button Themes, to save and copy/paste all to a new project using that theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I tried that and the blasted old theme is still there. WHY would Adobe not let you delete one from a project? I'm desperate to know how to do this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely understand your frustration, one of the consequences of allowing multiple themes in one project. During some recent jobs I discovered that this can really mess up a project, especially when the themes have master slides with the same name.

I suspect the only way to get rid of unnused themes in a project, is to copy/paste the slides to a new project with the same resolution. Be sure to set up the theme which you want to use for that project. Support my many feature requests to be able to delete an unused theme from a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new theme, new project, but my version of Captivate is newer than my teammates' and they can't open the file. Unfortunately I work for the State and there isn't the budget to get everyone using the new version. So I opened my old template, copied and pasted my new slides and theme into it, and now I can't get rid of the old theme. I think it might be a Captivate default theme called Pearl?... Anyway my teammates can open the pasted file but the Captivate newbies are going to have to work around the Pearl theme. Hopefully it doesn't confuse them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to export the theme (cptm file) and let them import it into the project? 

I would certainly recommend to make 'Blank' as default theme. It has a limited set of master slides, which means that they'll rarely get in the way of another theme. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't, but thanks for the idea!

I appreciate your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources