• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate responsive project => how to change content easily on all "size variants" ?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we've got a number of WBTs that were created in CP 2017 as responsive projects. So we've got each item on the slides 3 times (=3 different slide layouts for 3 different output sizes).

As we are reworking these WBTs, we're correcting the text on the our main slide layout (typing into the various textboxes there).

Now we need to make sure that all these changes will be visible on all 3 layouts (i.e. all 3 output sizes).

Unfortunately the two ways I've found so far how to do it*), are to manually touch every single text box.

This is not only time consuming but also very error-prone 😞

MY QUESTION: Is there a way like "transfer all text content from the first size-layout to all the other size-layouts"? 🙂

If so, please give me good description how to find it (notice: my CP-menues are in German, so I'd appreciate reading the full click-path for successful retracing, thanks)

*) This are the two manual options I've found so far:

a) either right-click on the individual text boxes on the slides and select "Text auf alle Ansichten anwenden (=apply text to all size-views" - unfortunately this context menue option is not available with multiple textbox selection!

b) or, I type everything in totally manually (...very error-prone!)

Thanks for any suggestions to optimize my workflow here,

vbr, Göntje

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong with good old 'Find and Replace'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gaanf,

the trouble with "Find & Replace" is,

- that I need to know all the original texts, that had been replaced (and in our kind of training there are plenty of similar but not identical issues)

- that I'd sill have to manually touch every text box that had been changed.

What I'm looking for is a "change all" function.

Thanks and vbr,

Göntje

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whichever way you approach this it will still be a tedious manual task, and the fact that these are BreakPoint projects just makes it three times worse. Another possibility I thought of would be to export a Word doc from the project (normally used for localisation) and then change the text there before reimporting. At least that way all the text that needs to be changed is in one document and only one column of that document. Worth experimenting to see if it works out quicker than other methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I could also suggest export/ edit in Word/ import 'Project Captions and Closed Captions...', but I guess it won't appeal to you then either, since it's still largely manual...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't see Rod's reply before posting my comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Breakpoint views workflow, not the Fluid Boxes which appeared with CP2017?

Normally lower Breakpoints inherit the content from the highest breakpoint, but that seems to have been overridden when creating the projects. You will have to use the option "Text auf alle Ansichten anwenden ", but for each text container individually in that case. I hope the object styles have been set up correctly in your theme. Find and Replace is another possibility of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources