Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate right-click do not work in Chrome

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

All the right-click do not work in Chrome, while it works fine in IE. What could be the reason?

Thanks,

SN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information please.

What version of Captivate, what type of output, what versions of the browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more thing...have you tested this output from a web server or are you just trying to play it locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Captivate version - 9.0.0.223
  • Output: HTML5/SWF - I am viewing it after launching the 'multiscreen.html' in the browser.
  • Chrome: Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And I am viewing it locally. Tried in Web Server too. Does not work.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  First thing to do is update your version of Captivate 9.  You are NOT on the latest version, so your issue may simply be fixed by updating.  When you DO update, make sure you reset your Preferences before trying anything else.

Next, you need to separate the two outputs to find out whether just one or both is not working.  So DON'T use the dual publishing option but take a simple ONE slide test project with a click box set to jump to a web page on RIGHT CLICK ONLY, and then publish that test project to SWF first, then later publish separately to HTML5.

In SWF output the right click functionality is entirely dependent on JavaScript that is loaded into the related files with the SWF.  An SWF on its own will only pull up the right click menu for Flash Player.  So when testing SWF content for right click functionality you need to be launching the SWF via the HTM file that Captivate publishes and you must also have any other JS files that get published as well.

Since Flash Global Security can interfere with right click functionality when being played locally, you need to ideally test this output from a web server environment.

Let us know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry I was too quick to say that it does not work in Web server. So... it does work in web server but not locally . Is there a browser setting or something that I have look into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That often happens: not working loally. Did you upgrade?

Moreover since 9 I never publish tot the common output SWF and HTML, because ti is not funtional in many cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaah... I see, but we have been using SWF and HTML from ages. It sometimes gives error only with Right-clicks and TEB TABbing.

For some reason I am not able to update the captivate. Dont see the 'Update' option active in the Help option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did I, but since 9, maybe because output is getting more differentiated, I publish only to either SWF (almost never) or HTML. Not sure this will be the cause of your problem, most likely it is due to the lack of upgrading (you missed 3 patches).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how do I upgrade? Mine is a licensed from my Company/Organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you'll be contacted by a staff member, I am just a user. Tried to warn them.

Did you install that version yourself? Maybe you'll need to contact the IT people in the company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for your help.

RodWard​ and Lilybiri​ - You two are awesome!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may be able to download and install your update from here:

Adobe - Adobe Captivate Support Center : Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources