Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate subscription not recognized on download page or Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I uninstalled Captivate because it kept crashing when trying to use it so I was going to reinstall it.  However once uninstalled it does not appear in my Creative Cloud launcher and when I try to download it from the site it only gives me the option to buy it again or get a trial.  What am I missing here?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get the trial and then sign in with your subscription id to activate the non-trial subscription.

Single user licensee downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

And a big thank you to Jim @ Prodesigntools for helping me with these links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With monthly subscriptions you do NOT get a serial number. NOR is there any link from your account on where to download a copy of Captivate.
I have told the call centre agents this on a number of occasions - but they just send me a link Download Adobe Captivate  which just tells you to get your serial number.

BUT once again, as a monthly Captivate subscriber you do NOT NOT NOT get given a serial number.

The only way that I have been able to get this going, is to sit in the Chat queue and then let the call centre agent take over your screen and actually do the download for you. (Get ready with a cup of calming tea and an hour and a half to spare!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Reported numerous times to Adobe and still not fixed. Click on the link once in your account and you are taken to the CC apps. You go around in circles.

Here is a direct link.

Adobe does need to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is not in the Creative Cloud.

If you have a subscription license, download the trial version and install it. (you can download CP2017 with that license). When you log in with the Adobe ID linked with the license, it will be recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I don't even want to go into the number of times that I have not had a 'trial' version recognised despite my paying the monthly subscription.

This business of Adobe given monthly subscribers 'trial' versions is a MASSIVE pain.
Not only that - I don't necessarily want access to only the latest Captivate (I have found that usually there are still major usability issues with newly launched versions). I still want to be able to use my previous version without an Update message (as for 2017) crashing my program every time.

Adobe - you continue to be user UNFRIENDLY with your Captivate monthly subscriptions. (I have been using it this way for years now and have hassle after hassle after hassle getting to use the program when there has been some kind of update.)

Ps. Tying Captivate to the LMS product when you update is just confusing. What am I actually updating? The Captivate or the LMS or both? (I have already done a trial of the LMS and cannot afford it.) Am I going to now have to pay for the LMS as well after a month?

Please BE CLEAR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly agree and am equally frustrated by this same issue. For a company that caters to designers, this is deplorable UX design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice!  I ended up downloading the trail and it appears it recognized that I had a subscription, so we'll see if that keeps happening, fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Captivate V10 (2017) on a new PC after deactivating the subscription on the old pc. So it can be done but, ouch!

I spent an hour stumbling through the Adobe web site trying to figure out how to simply reinstall a product that I already paid for. Shame, shame Adobe. This is customer no-care personified.

After signing into Adobe's My Account to proceed with download I had to fill in the Trial Download form. Yep, despite my being a subscriber to Captivate and paying faithfully for years, Adobe treated me and my company like a total stranger. (Oddly, they know exactly who I am, when they want my monthly payment.)

Fortunately the installation included a form to sign into My Adobe yet again. So I escaped contacting customer support to activate the subscription on first launch.

In contrast thanks to the forum for doing Adobe's job of caring about the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install the trial version. When it prompts you to use the Free Trial. Don't click that. Instead choose another option that reads something like "Have License". It will recognize your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources