• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Text Entry Box feedback with highlight box in state view interfering with TEB focus

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have identified an issue in my Adobe Captivate 2019 design where a Text Entry Box is used to test the user's response to the task of filling in data in a form. Incorrect input triggers a failure feedback shape to the side of the TEB, and the feedback shape has a highlight box surrounding the TEB which was added to the shape in state view. My intention was to draw attention to the correct area for inputing data whenever the TEB focus is lost. This appears to work in slide preview, but not in browser preview or in ScormCloud, where the highlight box seems to be on top of the HTML stack, which prevents the user from putting the focus back on the TEB to continue the exercise after the focus is lost. I'm looking for suggestions for how this design with a border around the TEB might work before I just delete the highlight box from the feedback shape state view. Lowering the stack order of the hightlight box or the feedback shape did not work. Thanks in advance!

Before focus lost:

Note 1.png

After focus lost (not able to click inside TEB):

Note 2.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?