Captivate Text to Speech

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Captivate user for years (since v4) and created fairly complex training but have primarily used professional talent for our audio (recorded in a studio and importing the audio files). I just recently started using the Text to Speech function in Captivate (v2019 11.5.4.613) and every once in a while, the software will read an apostrophe as "registered trademark" rather than ignoring it. Sometimes I can just re-type the character and everything is fine, but no always.

 

Has anyone else experienced this and how do you fix it?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

35

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Participant , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021
I just answered my own question...duh. It seems that the smart quote replacement was the culprit in the source file. Once I turned off the smart quote substitutions and then re-typed the word in Word and copied into Captivate, all is well. 

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just answered my own question...duh. It seems that the smart quote replacement was the culprit in the source file. Once I turned off the smart quote substitutions and then re-typed the word in Word and copied into Captivate, all is well. 🙂

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines