Captivate timeline

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all....

Still battling with captivate 2019!!

I seem to have an issue with the timeline:

I have several small images that supose to be appearing every 3 seconds and a continue button that supose to appear at he end in order to continue...I have to "preview, from this slide" in order to see the changes...BUT i am unable to see the changes from "preview, play slide"

is that normal? 

For some reason I was expecting to see any changes in the timeline without the need to "preview from this slide"

Thanks guys

Check your timeline for any interactive objects that would be pausing the playback.  These objects DON'T pause the timeline when you are just using Play Slide or F3 preview (which is not really publishing the project) but WILL pause the timeline and prevent objects from appearing AFTER that point when you publish out or use one of the Preview options that also publish.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Whenever you have a timeline issue, please insert a screenshot of the Timeline (fully visible vertically and horizontally).

Have a look at my blog, one out of a sequence of articels:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

As for the Play Slide, which is IMO wrongly listed under the Preview button. That is NOT a preview at all, is only meant to edit objects on the timeline. I would have preferred to keep the Play slide only in the Timeline panel, not under Preview. Too many users

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you....

The problem was the intearctive issue...Problem solved !!

Thanks once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you have a timeline issue, please insert a screenshot of the Timeline (fully visible vertically and horizontally).

Have a look at my blog, one out of a sequence of articels:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

As for the Play Slide, which is IMO wrongly listed under the Preview button. That is NOT a preview at all, is only meant to edit objects on the timeline. I would have preferred to keep the Play slide only in the Timeline panel, not under Preview. Too many users are confused by thus.

Moreover if you are in a non-responsive project, and thge output will be HTML5 the only Preview method which will show you an approximate preview of the final output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. All other Preview mehtods are using a temporary SWF file, which can look very different from the HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Will do so....Thanks once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources