• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate: Unable to use Advanced Actions, Preview Files or Convert from PowerPoint

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Captivate, so please be gentle with me.  I have been unable to use a number of Captivate features since installing (I'm using a Mac with Catalina OS).  The installation took 3 days and several Adobe support people.  However the following will not work and causes Captivate to freeze and I have to force quit:

• Advanced Actions
  • Preview Files
  • Insert a symble
  • Import MS PowerPoint

I have sought help from Adobe support but two weeks on the issue is not resolved and they seem unwilling to assist further.

Please can one of you fabulous peeps help me out?

Thanks

Beverley

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too bad... I am a Windows user and Mac Captivate users helping peers are rare on this forum. I have no idea how the Mac programming works at all. It is really cynical to me that you have to turn to user forums, feel your pain.

Clean cache should be possible from the Preferences. If my memory is correct you have them under the Captivate menu.

For the Preferences cleaning, find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder of Captivate and run the 'CleanPreferencesMac' file which is in that folder, while Captivate is closed.

However I don't have much hope, there seems to be another application conflicthing with Captivate. Due to my ignorance about Macs, cannot even guess what that can be. You need to have everything installed on your system, never use networked drives or roaming profile. Do you have a docking station? If yes, try to work on your system without docking station. Do you have a Logitech webcam and have Logitech applications installed? Try to uninstall those applications, some on this forum told that could lead to conflicts.

Feeling sorry, cannot be of much help. If it were about advanced actions, it would be much easier for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources