• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Video Storage Question

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I edit a video I understand I can publish it to captivate prime. The questions:

1)Once the video has been edited and features added, if I have no place to publish it to as of yet, can I use captivate as a temporary storage for the video with the featues added to be saved?

If the answer is "yes" to the above question: (the videos will be no longer than 2-3 minutes each)

How many videos can be saved on captivate in a temporary holding until I publish the videos to captivate prime?

How long can the videos be saved on captivate in a temporary holding until I publish the videos to captivate prime?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

I'm assuming when you say 'video' you mean and Adobe Captivate project. Because Captivate projects can contain imported video your question could be confusing to some. I will do my best to try and answer your questions.

You can publish an Adobe Captivate project to Adobe Captivate Prime but Captivate and Captivate Prime each requires their own subscription.

You can save your work to your computer as a CPTX project file but you will need to either open them in Adobe Captivate to preview them or p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming when you say 'video' you mean and Adobe Captivate project. Because Captivate projects can contain imported video your question could be confusing to some. I will do my best to try and answer your questions.

You can publish an Adobe Captivate project to Adobe Captivate Prime but Captivate and Captivate Prime each requires their own subscription.

You can save your work to your computer as a CPTX project file but you will need to either open them in Adobe Captivate to preview them or publish them as HTML to view them without Captivate and in a web browser. These projects published or not will be available indefinitely so long as you have a licensed copy of Captivate.

I often will publish me eLearning projects and upload them to a regular web server to share with others and get feedback. Here is a video I did recently on that process.

Share Your eLearning Using Amazon AWS https://youtu.be/wajNZA9oVnw

I hope this helps.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I save it to my flash as a CPTX file or only my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More confusing: a cptx file is not a published file, that is the raw file. What do you mean?

You should NOT work on a file on an external or networked drive ever, but you can use it as backup and copy the file after finishing working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can save it to a flash drive but while working on it you should copy it over to your computer as a precaution in case your flash drive goes wrong when saving or access. Hard drives are more resilient and have faster access. Network drives can connect and disconnect and this could happen while saving your work. If so you could lose your data.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot upload a published cpvc file directly to Prime, so I suspect you are talking about a cptx project. 

On installing Captivate a folder for published files was created on your system. You can check it under Preferences, General settings. To store a published file in that folder, you choose Publish to Computer (if it is a non-responsive project) or Publish for devices (for a responsive project) instead of Publish to Prime. The published course will be in the folder I talked about, make sure it is ON your system, not on a networked or external drive. You can view the course locally in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources