• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate VR Video Size Restrictions?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File size and resolution restrictions should not be that complicate of a question to answer... I am working in Captivate 2019 on VR projects and I am not a newbie to VR or Captivate but VR inside of Captivate has been perplexing to say the least. There is little to no information out there on how to use it or create content.

I am deploying for mobile and desktop for my newest project and so far video inside of the VR workspace has been not very easy to work with or figure out why some videos work and other do not (just black screen for duration of timeline?) Is there a maximum resolution the video size can be (under 4K, 1920, etc...?) Thanks and any help with this would be huge for those working in VR with video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, and apparently VR projects are not used that much by users visiting this forum. The fact that the only VR devices recommended at this moment are Samsung GearVR and Google Cardboard (I did see a staff article about Daydream) proves to me that really high resolutions are not aimed at (Vive is not supported). There is no sample file included with 360 video, only with 360 images.

Are you viewing the published projects locally or after uploading to a webserver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution. 3Dvista software called Virtual Tour Pro. Has all the VR features you could ever ask for and is way more intuitive, user-friendly, and a LOT cheaper than Captivate. At least for VR Captivate is not there yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add questions to create a Score course with that software? VR is

only one feature of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. It will link to LMS, reporting tools, etc... You have to use it a little more custom to make all these features work and requires a little more custom UI work (not as much drag and drop) but it works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources