• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing Time in Captivate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched but have been unable to find a method to create the results of a time clock (punching in and out for work) in Captivate.

I can get the display to show the hour and minutes, but is there a way to capture that time and on the following display, show it and not allow it to change as real clock time advances? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a variable v_time

On enter for your time slide or on a button click:

assign v_time with cpInfoCurrentTime (or CurrentHour, or whichever time format you want)

Display  v_time in a text caption

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you showing the time at this moment? Are you using the timer interaction?  I'm asking this because there is a small lag between time showing with that interaction and the real time, which you can show in a way described in this blog post:

Display Time information - Captivate blog

To capture a time at a certain moment you need to have an event, which can be a slide event (no interaction of the user needed) or an interactive object Succes event (needs to be clicked/tapped). If you give some more details, maybe youll get a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dan56, Thank you, that worked exactly as I wanted it.

Lilybiri, I was using an interactive object.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources