• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing user name in the Captivate Certificate Widget

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,  I am using Adobe Captivate 2017, we don't have an LMS.  As a work around I thought I could use the Certificate Widget, that users could print out when they have passed the quiz at the end of the module, However, I am unable to get the certificate to print the user name.  I have a name input field at the beginning of the module, but I'm not sure what variable to use so it is on the certificate.  It is printing the date, the score, and have the name of the module entered on the Widget, but just can't get a name.  Can anyone please help with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The variable used in the certificate interaction is a user variable which is automatically defined in each project:

cpQuizInfoStudentName

You''ll see it under Project, Variables.

You need to assciate this user variable to the Text Entry Box where you ask for the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that could be my problem, as I don't have that variable in my list - how can I fix this please.  Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did't read my answer carefully. I never told that it is a system variable, it is a USER variable. You show me the system variables of the quizzing category. Go back to the user variables, please.

I told the team that this would be confusing, starting the names of those user variables with cp, which is normally the start of system variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - but it isn't there either.  That is why I looked in system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird! Those user variables are automatically created with each project since version 6 if my memory is correct. Which versiobn are you sssing? Only other reason could be that you use a template (cptl-file) to create a cpx file andt that the author of tha template file has deleted those user variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have closed Captivate, and re-opened, and opened a new project file - both blank and responsive.  The only variables there are as below.  I am on Captivate 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve was probably just remembering the User Variable name incorrectly.  The one she was referring to is the second one in your list: cpQuizInfoStudentName (not cpQuizInfoUserName).  That's the one you need to associate with your Text Entry Box.  Unless you have deleted that User Variable at some point in your current project's lifetime, then it should still be there in the list. If it's not, just recreate another one with the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod, I had made a typo and edited it later on, but apparently the OP didn't see the edited version. Typing out of memory is sometimes leading to such typos, especially in the middle of the night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources