• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certificate of Completion

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using adobe captivate 9 and I want to enable the option for a certificate of completion at the end of the course.  I have tried to create a new slide at the end, then click on Interactions, and then learning interactions.  However I don't know how the user can insert the name so it will appear on the certificate. 

TOPICS
Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the full version number, there were 3 versions of 9.

Are you using a LMS? Normally the user variable that will be inserted on the certificate for the name is cpQuizInfoStudentName. If the LMS allows it this variable will get its alue from the LMS and the account used to log in on the LMS. You have to test.

If this is not working, you can have a Text Entry Box in your course, for which yoyu define cpQuizInfoStudentName as associated variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of adobe captivate is 9.0.0.223.  I not using a LMS, I am just using adobe captivate.

I will try using a Text Entry Box, but I don't know how to define an associated variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out how to define cpQuizInfoStudentName as associated variable but there still another problem the field "has completed the course" is empty, and the field "Authorize Signature" is also empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That field would only be populated with the student's name automatically if your module was being served from an LMS where the student had to log in to access the course.

However, if you are NOT using an LMS, then you would need to provide a Text Entry Box earlier in the course module where the learner could enter their own name manually, and set the cpQuizInfoStudentName user variable as the TEB's associated variable so that the certificate field would then get populated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multiple choice quiz and I inserted a blank slide where I inserted a text entry box. At the end of the multiple choice quiz I inserted the Certificate of Completion widget. It works on preview mode but when I publish the Certificate does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload to the LMS?  Is the TEB linked with the user variable I mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying on my pc and later I will upload to a website. I am not sure what is a LMS.  I defined cpQuizInfoStudentName as associated variable.  What is a TEB? On the preview is working (the certificate appears with the name), however when I publish the Certificate does appear, it only shows a preloader and then appears a blank page.  The publish file only appears on firefox but not on chrome.

I also have another problem I chose a certificate that has a field "has completed the course" that appears empty, and the field "Authorize Signature" is also empty.

I have attached a screenshot:

certificade.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A LMS is a Learning Management System, which is normally used on collaboration with Captivate? Its typical tasks are manageent of the learner accounts, tracking interactions and quiz scores in a gradebook, and much more.

A Text Entry Box is commonly abbreivated to TEB.

The issue you mention when viewing the published course locally can be due to security reasons. HTML output has to be tested after uploading to a webserver or a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you have been very helpful.  Two more things, the "Authorized Signature" it shows on Captivate but it does show when I publish it. The other thing is that the certificate that I used has a "has completed the course" field and I don't know how to put the name of the course. I have attached a screenshot:

certificade.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fill in the fields in Project Info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Lilybiri, I did fill the fields in Project Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this system variable pulls that data from an LMS so without one it will remain blank. You could ask the student at the beginning of the course to fill in their name using a text entry box that stores what they type into a user variable of your own creation. Once they successfully complete the course and arrive on the slide with your certificate you can display the contents of that user variable you set for their name at the beginning of the course.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different approach if you expect learners to either print or PDF their completion.

Adobe Captivate QuickTip - Printable Certificate of Completion - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check it out the video Paul_Wilson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also alter the certificate (or create your own) to include additional information. I've had to include lots of variable data about continuing education units (CEUs) and other things, so I've generated my own Certificates of Completion on the last slide in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious to know how do you create a certificate of your own? Would you please share the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Paul Wilson's link above, Alfred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends what you need.

You can get very cleaver with Javascriot etc and generate certificates away from cpativate nad store records in dtabases bypass need for LMS or allow you to cpature much more information than an LMS can mange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources