• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change background image on every slide

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is just me being stupid, but whatever.

All slides in my project use a background image. I want to use a different background image on every slide. But I want to be able to just apply to all slides at once. Currently, the only way I see to make the change is to select each slide, select Project Background in properties, and then select the background image I want.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

WHich master slides did you use? Which Theme?

Select all slides in the Filmstrip with CTRL-A, adn replace Project Background by Master slide in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, it is impossible to put different backgrounds on different slides in one shot. If any of the backgrounds repeat across slides you can make a Master slide with a particular background and apply it to several slides. Or create a whole bunch of master slides with different backgrounds and apply them where wanted, but that is just a different way of putting custom backgrounds on individual slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, explained that badly. I want to use the same background image on every slide, except now I want that to be a different image. So it sounds like (as I expected), I can do that. And the Master slide does contain the image I want. It looks like the problem I'm having is applying it to all my slides. (Using version 8.x, btw)

Here's what I see when I select my Master Slide Background. And this IS what I want.

MasterSlideBackground.png

On a project slide, I can only get this by importing an image onto the "Project Background" for each individual slide.

SlideBackground_projectimage.png

So all the other slides are still using a now obsolete background image:

Old_backgroundImage.png

But if I choose "Master Slide Background" from the drop-down, it appears that I get no image:

SlideBackground_masterbackground.png

I'm guessing I'm just not setting this up correctly as this seems pretty fundamental. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put  the image on the Main master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had done that. Is this not the main master slide???

MainMasterSlide.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. So looks like I just have to change the Properties to "Master Slide Background". I guess I need to do that on every slide, which isn't so terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose there's a fast and easy way to make every slide use the "Master Slide Background" all at once, is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHich master slides did you use? Which Theme?

Select all slides in the Filmstrip with CTRL-A, adn replace Project Background by Master slide in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY HERO!

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources