• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change line spacing in pop-up caption in master slide of MCQ question slide

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to make the multiple choice question slide more attractive by changing the line spacing. However the "pop-up caption" doesn't show up in object style manager, and other things I've tried haven't worked. Any advice? tyia!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have changed one word in the title: there is no master view, you are talking about the quizzing master slide.

My first question is: are you using captions or shapes for the feedback messages? If you want to work from the master slide, not from the Object Style Manager, you can see the used style when selecting a message in the master slide (beware: they are all stacked in the same location, both for responsive fluid boxes and non-responsive projects). You will probably see that they are using exactly the same object style as all feedback messages for interactive projects. Edit the line spacing, which will make the + sign appear before the style name, indicating that you did override the default style. Use the Hamburger (or hotdog) menu to save changes to existing style.

There is an old bug, which I log for each version. The better way would have been to use Quiz Preferences, Defaults but that is limited to caption styles, you cannot choose shape styles.

You can also perfectly use the Object Style manager, once you have identified the default styles. I always do that in this case, because want to have line spacing for all text containers to be set at least to 1.2 or 1.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's the pop-up caption in the answer area of the quizzing slide. I'll go check out quiz preferences as you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to misunderstand! Default setting in all recent versions of Captivate is to use Shapes, not Captions. Please read my answer completely. You cannot use Preferences if you use Shapes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your full answer but all of this frankly is over my head.  Thank you for trying to help anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go into the Master slide panel. Select the Quizzing master MCQ, T/F...... On that master slide select the topmost feedback message (it is not in the Review area, sorry). Post a screenshot of the Properties panel of that message (probably the incorrect feedback message is on top). I will explain based on that panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources