Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change "Include in Quiz" from No to Yes

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently attempting to change a setting that is in place on a Captivate project I have been asked to troubleshoot.
The course itself will not post a specific grade at the end.
I believe this is because the Results page was removed while questions are still present in the course.
I have added the results page back to the project but after inspecting the Advanced Interaction page, it states that none of the questions are included in the Quiz.
(All the questions in the Include in Quiz column show as "No" ).

Is there anyway to change that No to a Yes and have ot calculate and post a final grade.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Shaun

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Two possibilities here:

• The original developer added Knowledge Check (KC) questions by mistake instead of Quiz Question slides.  KC questions are ungraded and do not report a score.  To check if this is the case, select one of the slides and look for the letters KC in parentheses near the top of the Quiz tab. You cannot change KC slides to be graded questions, which means that if THIS is the problem then you will need to insert new Quiz questions of the same types and copy / paste all the text

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possibilities here:

• The original developer added Knowledge Check (KC) questions by mistake instead of Quiz Question slides.  KC questions are ungraded and do not report a score.  To check if this is the case, select one of the slides and look for the letters KC in parentheses near the top of the Quiz tab. You cannot change KC slides to be graded questions, which means that if THIS is the problem then you will need to insert new Quiz questions of the same types and copy / paste all the text from each KC question into the relevant Quiz question to create them.
  • If the questions are indeed Quiz question slides then you may be in luck because all you need to do to get them to report to the quiz is select the check box for Report Answers found at the bottom of the Quiz tab.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that is exaclty what the issue is.

All of the questions are KC. Looks like I'll be replacing all of them.

Good thing I'm paid by the hour.

Thank you for your help.

Shaun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was no Results slide, it is almost certain that those are KC slides, not question slides. If they had been quiz slides the results slide cannot be deleted, only hidden. You can detect those KC slides in the Filmstrip by that icon:

KCSlide.PNG

The bad news is that it is impossible to convert a KC slide to a normal scored quiz slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help with this one!

Shaun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources