Highlighted

Change the language of button rollovers in Player/Skin Editor

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  When you rollover the navigation buttons in the Player, you can see the word associated with the button (i.e. Play, Pause, etc.).  I need to change the word that appears from English to French.  Where do I go to make that language change?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by TLCMediaDesign | Adobe Community Professional

The tooltips are also here in your published file:

assets/playbar/playbarScript.js

You can edit one, save it and then just replace the version that is published.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change the language of button rollovers in Player/Skin Editor

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  When you rollover the navigation buttons in the Player, you can see the word associated with the button (i.e. Play, Pause, etc.).  I need to change the word that appears from English to French.  Where do I go to make that language change?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by TLCMediaDesign | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use the playbar, but always create custom buttons. One of the reasons is that I often had to localise (to Dutch and French) and I'm using an English version. With shape buttons that can be used on master slides or timed for the rest of the project, it is not that much work. In very old versions there was a way around to edit the playbar (very cumbersome), but have no idea if it would still be functional for the present HTML toolbars. Maybe someone else with programming skills can help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ctsuttle, 

I have the same question, but in my case, I use Adobe Captivate 2019 in a french version, and I publish project in English version. 

In my case, the language of button rollovers in player are in French, and would expect to find a solution to translate them in english. 

I guess install an english version of Adobe Captivate could be a solution.

I'll test it and give you some news if it's working. 

In the same time if you find, or found a solution, plse let me know it !!

Best Regards,

Chris. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike storyline there is no setting in the captivate skin setting that allows you to change to a different language like in the storyline player controls. As Lilybiri suggests you may want to create your own controls.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some digging around here. Captivate has tooltip localization but I was unable to figure out the function for activating it. If you type

cp.PB.toolTips into your browser console you can see the language array they've created. 

So there are two ways you can modify this without using their tooltip localization function. 

One is to modify the CPM.js file before you publish. Search for cp.PB.toolTips = {}; in your CPM file and then replace the English name with the one you want. 

The other way is to modify it with javascript in your project. For example on the frame, execute the following js:

document.getElementsByClassName('playbarBigButton')[0].title = "NEW NAME"

You would need to write a new line for each of the playbar buttons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow you are asking a lot of instructional designers when the competition has a simple solution - this reminds me of the old apple ads with the guys in white and the guy on the podium saying - backslash, ini file, parameters, etc. when talking about dos commands.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your answer Jeremy, 

However, I don't really understand which file and how modify it?

If it's cp.PB.toolTips.js is it in the captivate install folder or in the export file (html5 folder)?

Many thank's for this precision. 

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

After you publish your Captivate project to a folder, the CPM.js file is in the /assets/js folder.  It's a really large compressed js file. 

Modify this file, save it, and then run your project index.html (or scorm) file to test it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-11-02_15-25-12.png

Perfect, thank's for your help Jeremy,

I'll test it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

perfect and it's working well in that's way 🙂

Thx

2018-11-02_16-58-18.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group