• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Brightness causes Image Shift

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate cc, I brought in a .png image to a page on a project that is not "Responsive"; the courwse is meant for desktop use only.  The png image was a bit too light so I used the "EDIT IMAGE" feature and changed the brightness rating from 0 to a negative 10.  Making the change, the non-transparent portion of my image shifted from being displayed in the middle of the page to the top of the page.  The png. image is the full size of the screen (1024x627) positioned at X: 0 and Y: 0.  The X and Y stay the same before and after the change of brightness.  But the non-transparent portion of the image within the png suddently becomes displayed at the top of the page whenever I change any settign within EDIT IMAGE except ALPHA.  It is like Captivate diregards the blank portion of the image and shifts the rest up.  (FYI: changing the Alpha setting works fine.)  Changing the Brightness setting back to 0, bring the image back to it's proper position.

As a test, I created a smaller version of the same .png and Captivate does the same behavior but not as severe.  It moves the image about 3 pixels up and 3 pixels left. 

Does anyone know what is causing this strange behavior to PNG files and how I can make it stop?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is not included in CC.

Please check the full version number under Help, About Captivate. I have not detected such a behavior but we may use totally different versions. I am using 11.5.1.499.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am also using version 11.5.1.499. 

Something similar has happened in the past when I created a button out of a shape filled with an image.  When I would modify the brightness for the "over" and "down" states, the image jumped up and left a few pixels.  I have avoided that button design because it looks so bad to have the image jump. But now it is happening with this process.  (sigh).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources