• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default incorrect message text in Quiz preferences

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the incorrect message text in the Quiz preferences default failure caption style box but the change only appears for the first answer. There are four questions and the last three show the unchanged text when users select incorrect answers. How do I get the revised failure caption to appear for wrong answers on all of the questions? I'm using Captivate 2019.

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some more details, please? Which version do you use, full number can be seen under Help, About Captivate.

Did you check the quizzing master slide after editing the Default labels under Quiz Preferences?

You have to edit those defaults before inseeting the quiz slides. Can you try to reset the Master slide for those questions which didn't show the correct message?

I have posted a series of blogs in the eLearning community, are you interested in links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the Master Quiz slide didn't fix the problem but inserting a new question did. I added a new question and then copied and pasted the text from the old question before deleting it. I now understand that changing quiz preferences only affects new questions though I'm not sure why it did affect the first question which was already there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always emphasize that you have to set Quiz Preferences, Defaults before inserting questions or creating quesiton pools.

Have a look at:

Captivate's Quizzes (4): Preferences - eLearning

Captivate's Quizzes (5): Master Slides - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deselecting and then reselecting the options for feedback captions in the Quiz tab of those slides where you are not seeing the right text.  It may be that those questions were created BEFORE you changed the default settings.  So turning off the captions and then turning them on again may reset the text to the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resestting master slide mostly is fixing this as wll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similiar problem - I want to edit the 'Retry' message, have changed it in the Quiz> Default labels. I THEN click the checkbox to add a 'retry' message. (i.e. i only add this in after editing the default labels) but it hasnt changed the message. I have tried saving, closing, restarting but it still doesnt change when i add the retry message/checkbox. When i look at the Master slides for this type of quiz everything is blank - not sure what you mean by 'resetting master slide' is this a setting? thinking I'm missing something. I am using Captivate 2017. This is an Assessment with 4 question slides and 7 overall slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding a new quiz question to the project and take a look at what the text on the Retry caption of that object says. My guess is that it will show the updated text. Changes to these types of settings at the Preference level often only affect objects in quiz slides added AFTER that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah that did it - I had mistakenly thought it was 'adding new' element to the slide rather than a new slide with all its new actions. Got it, frustrating... but i guess as we've heard thousands of times before setup everything properly first then shouldnt have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources