Highlighted

Changing rollover states for quiz answer option in multiple choice

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a noob to Captivate, having previously worked extensively with Articulate Storyline.

Within Storyline you were able to change the states of just about any object and text field very simply, including quiz options. Apparently, reading through some of these guides for Captivate that's not possible.

I never accept no for an answer and I need a work around for this problem as we currently have over 40 SCORM packages with this option and now building packages in Captivate without a simple hover option will confuse our client and the participants.

I've attached an image of the rollover option that's currently given. Can I change this to something more in line with my previous packages, even if it's just a simple text colour change?

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 08.23.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing rollover states for quiz answer option in multiple choice

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a noob to Captivate, having previously worked extensively with Articulate Storyline.

Within Storyline you were able to change the states of just about any object and text field very simply, including quiz options. Apparently, reading through some of these guides for Captivate that's not possible.

I never accept no for an answer and I need a work around for this problem as we currently have over 40 SCORM packages with this option and now building packages in Captivate without a simple hover option will confuse our client and the participants.

I've attached an image of the rollover option that's currently given. Can I change this to something more in line with my previous packages, even if it's just a simple text colour change?

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 08.23.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question:  Are you publishing to SWF or HTML5?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2016 0
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very latest version of the CpExtra HTML5 widget includes the ability to modify the colour and opacity of the answer text rollover background.

I've messaged the widget developer hoping he will respond to confirm this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2016 0
Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. CpExtra can do this.

Documentation for this feature here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra/help/preference-variables/quiz-behav...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, but one question. Where do I find the CpExtra widget? It's not in my list of widgets. Is it something that needs to be downloaded externally?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've just found it. Do you have to pay $60 to purchase this widget?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 0
Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$57.50 USD from memory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard, 
Is this feature available in Captivate 2019 Version. I want to change the rollover color of the answer options (quiz page). Please let me know if this is possible or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the CpExtra widget is compatible with Captivate 2019 (all versions of it).

You can learn more about the specific function of the widget that allows you to alter the rollover colour here: http://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra/help/preference-variables/quiz-behav...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a similar situation - the lack of flexibility in the questions/response formatting being frustrating. Recently received feedback that additional text was found in the question response in the hover state, where do I even go to correct this? Captivate 2020 - publishing to both SWF & HTML5. Untitled.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0