• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing rollover text for TOC and CC in play bar

Guide ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the roll-over/tip text for the TOC and CC buttons in the play bar when publishing a project?

E.g. change TOC to 'Table of Contents' and CC to 'Closed Captions'.

In the Skin Editor it seems to appear correct, but in the published project its using the acronyms.

roll-over-tip-text.png

Published project roll-over/tip text.

roll-over-tip-text-2.png

Skin Editor shows correct Rollover text (above).

[Captivate 2017 Release 10.0.1.285; Responsive Fluid Box project; Mac OS 10.13.4 ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Once you publish the file to html5. In the assets folder, playbar folder, playbarScript.js, edit the tool tips in the js file with a text editor 

Change 'CC' to ' Closed Caption'

and

Change 'TOC' to 'Table of Contents'

See bolded content below.

Remember to save the file.

p.playbarTooltips = 

{

AudioOff : 'Audio Off',

AudioOn : 'Audio On',

BackGround : 'BackGround',

Backward : 'Backward',

Color : 'Color',

CC : 'Closed Caption',

Exit : 'Exit',

FastForward : '2x Fast Forward Speed',

FastForward1 : '4x Fast For

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you publish the file to html5. In the assets folder, playbar folder, playbarScript.js, edit the tool tips in the js file with a text editor 

Change 'CC' to ' Closed Caption'

and

Change 'TOC' to 'Table of Contents'

See bolded content below.

Remember to save the file.

p.playbarTooltips = 

{

AudioOff : 'Audio Off',

AudioOn : 'Audio On',

BackGround : 'BackGround',

Backward : 'Backward',

Color : 'Color',

CC : 'Closed Caption',

Exit : 'Exit',

FastForward : '2x Fast Forward Speed',

FastForward1 : '4x Fast Forward Speed',

FastForward2 : 'Normal Speed',

Forward : 'Forward',

Glow : 'Glow',

Height : 'Height',

InnerStroke : 'InnerStroke',

Play : 'Play',

Pause : 'Pause',

Progress : 'Progress',

Rewind : 'Rewind',

Shade : 'Shade',

Stroke : 'Stroke',

Thumb : 'Thumb',

ThumbBase : 'ThumbBase',

TOC : 'Table of Contents'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks David!   I'm happy with that workaround.  I just have to remember to make the change each time I publish a project.

It's definitely a worthwhile feature request to have the ability to set this from within the Captivate UI somewhere.

OR

change the default and match the SWF output for these, as @Lilybiri mentioned there is a difference presently here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a lot easier to edit the playbar for SWF output, which will probably disappear soon. 

Totally agree that a lot of tweaking which has to be done now (look at what you have to do to get a nice static screen for a course, now that AutoPlay is disabled) should be made easier, logged several feature requests. It is even harder when you have to localise, as I often need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha-ha, you are spot on... There's lots of room for improvement.  I tweaked the AutoPlay as well 😉 disabling it (as it does nothing anyway), and getting the first screen to look half decent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari,

Have to tell you that I never use a playbar because it is only useful in a pure linear project, and I am on Windows.

You bumped on one of the many differences between HTML and SWF output. The full tooltip, as you see in the Skin editor, preview which is clearly SWF-based, is not showing up for HTML output. I tried out several playbars, and it is consistent. I have no idea about the reason,. As David points out, you'll have to tweak the js file, which is bit cumbersome because it can only be done after publishing the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources