• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the color of an SVG in Captivate 2019

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click on an SGV icon the image goes white and I cannot edit the color. I have tried changing the mouse speed for double click and it is still not working. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted exactly the same question in the portal.... did you see answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no answer posted. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Wilson answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all he said: SVGs in Captivate can sometimes behave in an unexpected fashion. Lieve if you have an answer to question don’t let me stop you from answering it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

I manage to change the color of the svg's by clicking on "modify the image" and then adjusting with the "color" bar...

Happy Captivating !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Captivate are you using? I do not see "modify the image." There is and Edit SVG button but I think it requires other editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oups... My mistake... It's not a svg... but a button from the assets... Can't help you so... Do you have Illustrator ?... Or look in the Lieve's blog... She had explain this... but with Illustrator I remember...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I just load a svg... I click two times on it... Then click a third time and I can change the color !!!... I'm using the last version of Captivate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what should happen I am told. However, that is not what happens to mine. Double clicking turns the whole SVG image white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fromwhere do you get your svg ? From the assets panel ?... If so when you double click on it, it turns white but after 1 or 2 seconds, you have access to changing the color by selecting an area of the svg...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this tip, now I dont have to go edit that SVG in Illustrator, saves a lot of time and license money :-). Some Captivate users in the past switched to Articulate because of the need to install other Adobe apps just to edit some colors or even sound. Now I can tell those people to switch back to Captivate ♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That is a great article but I doesn't answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are talking about a bitmap image, not a SVG, sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each image ends with .svg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Lieve answered me !!!... (For my first solution which wasn't with a svg...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it works !... Click again on a colored zone of the svg...

svg_01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me because when I double click the entire image turns white. There is no colored zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to insert another one and try again ???... For me also the svg turns white but only for a second...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only using icons from the asset panel. I just inserted the same icon as you. Double Clicked it turned white and has been that way for a good 4 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the last version of Captivate ? (11.5.1.499)... Look under the help menu... Save your work... Close captivate... Re-open it and make another try ?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the latest version. I just downloaded it about two weeks ago. Tried it again... still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to say to help you so... !!!... Sorry !!... (If I was you, I would use a normal image and not a svg ???)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources