changing the states of a shape in responsive project across the time of slide automatically

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i want to change the state of objects in a slide not only by clicking  but also by the time of voice .
for example in a timeline slide when the voice speaks about 2000 , i like that the button of 2000 to change to an other color and the text of it to be displayed. and when the voice speaks about next time (for exapmle 2005 ) the button of it to change the color and the text of it appears .
(the texts are in a same shape in diffrent states
the buttoms are seprate from each other)
I don't know if I could get my point or confuse you.
at the end is there any way to change state of shapes during the time in an slide

thanks for your answers 

Far easyer to arrange different objects on the timeline to come and go as slide and audio play, than switching states of one object. True though that there won't be any real sync between the slide and the audio. If the audio starts delayed due to buffering, it will be out of sync.

If you really want the audio to trigger state changes at certain timestamps, you'd need JS as Lilybiri mentioned. The timeupdate event might work, though I didn't try. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

changing the states of a shape in responsive project across the time of slide automatically

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i want to change the state of objects in a slide not only by clicking  but also by the time of voice .
for example in a timeline slide when the voice speaks about 2000 , i like that the button of 2000 to change to an other color and the text of it to be displayed. and when the voice speaks about next time (for exapmle 2005 ) the button of it to change the color and the text of it appears .
(the texts are in a same shape in diffrent states
the buttoms are seprate from each other)
I don't know if I could get my point or confuse you.
at the end is there any way to change state of shapes during the time in an slide

thanks for your answers 

Far easyer to arrange different objects on the timeline to come and go as slide and audio play, than switching states of one object. True though that there won't be any real sync between the slide and the audio. If the audio starts delayed due to buffering, it will be out of sync.

If you really want the audio to trigger state changes at certain timestamps, you'd need JS as Lilybiri mentioned. The timeupdate event might work, though I didn't try. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty confusing indeed.

Each command in Captivate needs to be triggered by an event.  A word in a narration is not an event. If you know excatly in which frame that word is spoken, you could use JS (or CpExtra widget) to create frame effects, but it will not be linked to the audio but to the frame occurring. With Advanced or Shared actions, something similar can be done but using the Dealy Next actions by... command in an advanced acton triggred by the On Enter event of the slide.

However you talk about buttons, and that means that you probably have pausing points, maybe nothing of what I told can be done in that case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0