• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character images entered into a project slide

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing in Captivate 9.  Rather than use the provided Captivate images I"m using my own.  They have been edited in Photoshop to duplicate images found in Captivate characters but when I preview the  slide the image is completely covered in red.  It worked as advertised prior to my computer being re-imaged but doesn't now.  Any ideas to help resolve this? 

working version of project.pngpreview of project.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics problem. Can you check the graphics card driver: are there updates?How big is the file size of that character? Which format do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's a government computer and I'm limited on certain things and not sure how to check the graphics card or if I even have permissions to do so.  I've used PNG (7 MB) and JPG (3 MB).  Either way I get the same thing.  It worked fine a couple of weeks ago.  So I'm wondering now if the graphics card may be going bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 MB PNG and 3 MB JPEG files are way too large. Check the resolution and the file dimensions on them in PS and optimize accordingly. I've not seen huge files display as a red box before, but just as a general rule, you should not be using files that are that large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best practice is to have any bitmap image created at the size it needs to be inserted in Captivate.  The file size you mention is very high. The default characters rarely have a file size bigger than 1MB even in their High resolution version. I suspect that you custom characters have been created at a very high resolution. Try to reduce their size.

Moreover do not forget to clean the cache regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources