Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check boxes using Advanced Actions

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm running into an issue when trying to use Advanced Actions to simulate clicking several check boxes in a Software Simulation. 

I have three Click Boxes, that all assign a variable (i.e. CHKBX1_On) with 1 upon Success.

In my Advanced Action, I have it set to If CHKBX1_on is equal to 1, show CheckBox_1 (An image of a checked box). Else - hide CheckBox_1

Now I have three check boxes that I need clicked in order to click a final click box to "select" and go to the next slide. Meaning within my Advanced Action, I have another rule that

If  CHKBX1_on is equal to 1

and

If  CHKBX2_on is equal to 1

and

If  CHKBX3_on is equal to 1

then

Enable ClickBox_Next

else

Disable ClickBox_Next.

So far this has not worked at all. Clicking any of the original 3 click boxes does not trigger the showing of the image, and I am able to click ClickBox_Next regardless of what else I have clicked. I even removed ClickBox_Next and placed it the next slide, and changed the AA to If all three equal 1, Go To Next Slide. This is also not working. Below are some screenshots, please give me a hand with what I'm doing wrong. 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Indeed, but they will be not so complicated. You will need an action with two decisions:

1. First decision 'Always' will not be conditional, but assigns the value 1 to the variable of that interactive object and changes the state for that checkbox
  2. Second decision 'CheckAll' is what you now had as last decision. Since sequence is always respected, it will also test on the variable which just got its value 1

Duplicate that action, and you'll only need to edit the first decision: change the variab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some information is missing: which EVENTS do trigger which actions. Which version do you use? 

Images are fuzzy (it is this forum, ot you). Is it possible to use the Preview feature of Advanced actions to show the complete action in one screenshot? Preview button is the first button in the top right control panel, looks like an arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

I'm using Version 11.5.1 (Latest Version)

The event that traiggers the action is clicking the Click Box. On Success > Assign: CHKBox1_On 

(See screenshot below.)

Success.jpg

Here is a screencap of the Advanced Action Preview. Clicking the ClickBox should assign the Variable with 1, but that is not translating to showing the image. Clicking all three also does not advance to the next slide.

Should I change the Click Boxes to 0% opacity buttons? I would imagine that would accomplish the same thing. 

Preview.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which EVENTS do you use? You show me an advanced action with 4 decisions, but it is important to know which event is triggering that action. I suspect you are not using the correct event to have the wanted result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding an EVENT correctly, the Click Box is set to "On Success" > "Assign"

Each of the three click boxes does the same On Success > Assign of the corresponding variable. 

Once all variables are assigned with "1" then the final decision is triggered to go to next slide.

The Advanced action itself is set to run on entering the slide.

If you're looking for something else, then I think I'm definitely not understanding what you mean by Events, and I should start there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my suspicion indeed. An action happens only when the event is happening. The On Enter Slide event happesn on the first frame.  At that moment none of the Boolean variables is toggled yet to 1, so will have no effect whatsoever.

You have to use the Siccuess events of the click boxes tto trigger actions which not only assign 1 o the variable but also change the states of the checkbox, and check if all variables have been toggled to show the Next button. This is the logic of ay event-action programming, which you may have misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does that mean I would need to initiate separate Advanced Actions for each click box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, but they will be not so complicated. You will need an action with two decisions:

1. First decision 'Always' will not be conditional, but assigns the value 1 to the variable of that interactive object and changes the state for that checkbox
  2. Second decision 'CheckAll' is what you now had as last decision. Since sequence is always respected, it will also test on the variable which just got its value 1

Duplicate that action, and you'll only need to edit the first decision: change the variable and the multistate object which is the checkbox. Nto so much work at all, and the action is less complicated.

BTW: you can download a table (for free) with all events available in Captivate from this post: 

http://blog.lilybiri.com/available-events-in-adobe-captivate-2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources