Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checking to see if Captivate is the right software for this Project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've been out of the production world for a while. I need software with the interactive qualities of Encore, Macromedia Director or DVD Studio Pro. 

The plan is to make a touch screen display for a mueum on a 60 inch, portrait mode monitor with 4k video. Siimply a motion menu with 6 buttons and 3 of them play full screen, life-sized, portrait video clips.
The other 3 buttons go to static pages. 

Is the video driver in Captivate strong and responsive enough? Will it handle 4k in portrait mode?

Another person suggested using Unity but I'd rather use Adobe. This would been a piece of cake in Encore with 720 x 486 video. 

Any suggestions for other software?

Thank you

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

FYIU.. Intuiface does exactly what I need. Good program. https://www.intuiface.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be misunderstanding something here.  The video drivers aren't in Captivate.  The video card in the computer that plays your content needs video drivers in order to work with the computer's OS.  Then the other main component you need to worry about is the browser in which the video will be playing.  Captivate's published content is now all HTML5 and that means it needs to be played in a web browser.

If all you are doing is creating a web page with three buttons that play videos, I don't see why you would need Captivate for this.  You'd be wasting most of its functionality.

And if all you are doing is playing a 720 x 486 video, that's not going to look great on a 60 inch 4k monitor.  The video would be very low res.

If you like Adobe and you are just doing such basic web development, look at Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I clearly said i was making the project in 4k as a touch screen, not a website and not in 720x486.
I simply said that I knew what software to use for 720x486, I dont know what people are using for 4k. 

Now if what I want to do can be done with HTML  than that helps narrow my focus,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYIU.. Intuiface does exactly what I need. Good program. https://www.intuiface.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources