Checkmarks Not Appearing on Some Slides in TOC

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been experiencing this problem for a few years. When staff take the online training, some of the staff successfully complete a module. They receive a checkmark on each slide in the TOC, and they get a completion checkmark on the course list. But then, there are others who can go through the very same module, they get a checkmark on the Thank You slide (the last slide in any module) many of the prior slides in the TOC have checkmarks, but then there are many slides that are missing checkmarks. I have to go in, starting on the Thank You slide, and using the back button, back my way up to the very first slide in the TOC in order to get the module to be marked as complete. When I back up through the module, it checks off the boxes that were missing the checkmarks. Then, when I close out the module, the course list checkmark appears.

Our department uses Moodle as our LMS. It seems as if the module gets disconnected from the server. But, why would it happen for some staff and not all staff? And, it seems that those staff who run into this issue run into it on several modules, not just one. The other weird issue is, that in some modules, if it happens to staff, it happens on the same slides. Our Moodle Admin have work on settings in Moodle to help with this issue. They've modified firewall settings, and expanded RAM. We have the timeout set to max. I'm wondering if there is something that we can do in Captivate to fix this issue? Am I missing something in the settings that will help to eliminate this problem. Our demands for online training are increasing with the times, and it's take more and more time to correct each staff issue.

The modules runs seamlessly when I test it in Captivate. I use the HTML5 browser as well as SCORM Cloud when it allows me to test the module. It doesn't appear to be a design issue. I'm wondering if I'm missing a publishing setting or some hidden gem that I'm overlooking that will fix my problem.

My department runs serveral learning modules in a year. The modules on average are between 20-35 minutes in length. Staff don't answer quiz questions or participate in other interactions. Each modules is made up of audio, and sometimes video, along with text. There are 6200 staff who are required to take online training. They have one year to complete the training, and we roll it out in over 4 quarters. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience a lot of these issues where the slide is not being marked as completed relate to either the design of the module or the behaviour of the users.

Firstly, if you have only one item shown in the TOC to represent a number of slides, then all of those slides need to be visited in order for that TOC item to be marked as completed.  This is not something most Captivate users are aware of.

So what happens when some of your users obediently visit all of the slides in the group but other users, keen to get finished with your e-learning as soon as possible, skip some slides or click the Next buttons quickly?  Well they won't get all slides marked as complete.

The point I am making is that if you are going to rely on slide completions (rather than scoring) for modules to be marked as complete then you need to make the content so engaging that learners will stick around long enough on those slides to watch,

However, there is another alternative.  You can also use an HTML5 widget called CpExtra to force slide completions even if users have not visited those slides.  Take a look at the information on this HELP page for CpExtra: 
https://widgetking.github.io/cpextra/variables/command.html#xcmndcompleteslide

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines