• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome 80 will "Disallow sync XHR in page dismissal". Will this impact Captivate Courseware?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand that in Chrome 80 the following will be the default:

Will this have an impact on Captivate courseware communication with an LMS when accessed with Chrome 80+?

How is Adobe addressing the potential issues?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum. I suspect very few of us would be able to answer this question. You may wish to email this question directly to the Adobe eLearning team. Try emailing CaptivateHelp@Adobe.com

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this issue WILL very likely cause problems.  I put up a post here on the forum back on the 2nd of October about this change to Chrome:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Captivate/Heads-Up-Google-Chrome-78-may-cause-problems-for-SCORM-cour...

As you can see in the post, the change to Chrome will disable a number of screen events that are currently used to call functions just before a page unloads from the web browser.  These events are often used by JavaScript code used in SCORM communication with LMSs.

Rustici Software, the makers of SCORM Cloud were the first to alert me to this issue with forthcoming Chrome browser releases and they have already patched their systems to compensate.  Captivate uses Rustici's code in their SCORM output, so I would hope that Adobe's developers of Captivate will be working on the problem right now and you would be expecting an update to emerge in the future some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources