• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click funtionality and autoplay sound on mobile devices in web object not working.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

In my course the web object is creating problems. They are:

1. loading time of web object is more

2. audio doesn't play in the course. If it is somehow able to play. then it plays only on desktop. But i never get to play the sound on mobile devices(iphone,ipad).

3. The click action used in web object is not working on any devices.(Desktop, iphone, ipad)

This web object is actually the Html output of the flash animation created on Canvas.

Is there any work around for this problem, Please help me to get an idea to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Vimal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autoplay is gradually being disabled by all browsers by default.  Users need to interact with your content (e.g. by clicking or tapping something on screen) in order for sound to work.

Could you please explain more abut  what you mean in saying the web object is HTML output from a Flash animation?  Anything SWF is not going to be compatible with HTML5 or mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, Thanks for your reply.

I have to use complex animations that can not be created in Captivate. So I have used Flash, and created the animation in Canvas. Then I exported Html files and. Now, i am using that Html file in captivate as web object. but when i publishing captivate file as scorm, then the click functionality and audio in web object not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this explanation about how the Autoplay policy changes will affect multimedia:

Autoplay Policy Changes  |  Web  |  Google Developers

If you have created your animations in Flash (I'm assuming you mean the Adobe app that is now called Animate) and you have published the animation out as HTML and JS, then that doesn't necessarily mean all of the interactive functionality in the animation will be available once you place it inside a web object in Captivate.  It's not quite that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources