• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click to Replace Slide

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm two days into the free trial and cannot seem to get the Click-to-Replace slide to advance past Tab 1 of 6.  I've followed all instructions in the https://elearning.adobe.com/adobe-captivate-tutorials/  Forced Navagation Interaction tutorial, but no luck.  Is there a way to send the slide/project to someone to review?

Thanks, John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot replace a slide but that is probably just a terminology confusion. You need to know that we are all users here. Personally I never will download a file to review, am ready to help you with problems. If you told at least which exact tutorial you are talking about, and at which moment (time) in the video you are stuck.

Are you German (looking at your nickname)? You can post in German, especially if you use that version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me a message at..... so we can communicate, and perhaps I can forward you the two slides I have done for my project?.  Yes, I am German, but was born in the US where I currently reside.

Thank you!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is dangerous to post credentails in a public forum, I took out your email address as a moderator.

No, will not accept to download anything, just want to help you if possible, but only in public. I am just a user, not at all working for Adobe but like to help other Captivate users. Can you please provide me here with the information? You can inseert screenshots if that makes it easier to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out the issue by adding a new Click-to-Replace slide and not changing the name of the multistate slides.  It seems to have worked so far.  Thank you for your willingness to help and if I run into another snag I will reach out to you.  It is good to know someoone is here to help!  Hope all is well where you are.

ps: Thanks for removing my creditntials. I knew it was a risk, sometimes trust can backfire!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, great that you figured it out. You may find some informatio on my blog. Most recent post is about a perfect replacement for Rollovers (which are not supported on mobile devices). Not Click/Replace, but Click/Reveal. Most posst are more advanced, but this is one meant for newbies.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/playing-hide-and-seek-with-captivate-objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I cannot get this slide to require clicking on each tab before moving to the next slide, and I cannot get the "continue" button to appear when all tabs have been clicked?  Any help is appricicated.  John

Slide Properties:

FreitagJ_2-1591018740716.png

Tab Properties:

FreitagJ_3-1591018766150.png

Text Box Properties:

FreitagJ_4-1591018807344.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continue Properties

FreitagJ_0-1591018933214.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a slide from the Alliance Quick Start project, correct?

It has NOT been  set up to have the Continue button to appear after all buttons have been clicked. The used advanced action do not assign a value to a tracking variable for each button (they don't exist even) and moreover have only one decision. If you want forced clicking, there needs to be a second conditional action. 

Have you already created advanced or shared actions and used variables? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 30 day trial of Adobe Captivate, and I do not beleive I have created advanced or shared actions and used variables????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pulling premade slides from the Assets tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I don'tt read the whole thread again when I answer the most recent question. OK, my advice is in that case, do not use that slide if you need it to act as forced. 

There is not enough time here to offer you a crash course for variables, advanced and shared actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources